If only you had a dime for how many times you get asked, “do you even get enough protein bro?” (And yes, they’ll even call you ladies bro). Although it’s an extremely annoying question, it is super important to keep in mind that your protein intake is vital in maintaining your strength and high performance ability. If you’ve crossed meat out of your diet for the long haul, below are 8 protein packed meal ideas to keep you healthy and strong… AND under 400 calories. Take that meat heads!
1. Salsa Verde Lentil Tacos With Mango-Pomegranate Pico
Two tacos = 389 calories and 15.9 grams of protein. Nom nom nom.
2. Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Omelet Sandwich
Skip your regular drive-thru breakfast sandwich — this guy’s 149 calories and packs 22.8 grams of protein.
3. Cheesy Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Poached Eggs
365 calories, 19 grams of protein, and so much cheesy goodness.
4. Kale, Chickpea, and Fennel Salad With Orange Vinaigrette
The perfect packed lunch = 398 calories and 22.1 grams of protein.
5. Baked Zucchini Fritters
Each fritter has only 89 calories and 7 grams of protein, so treat yo’self to a nice stack.
6. Roasted Fennel, Asparagus, and Red Onions with Parmesan and Hard-Boiled Eggs
This one is a little over, at 446 calories, but with the 33.5 grams of protein it packs, it’s worth it.
Get the recipe here, via BuzzFeed’s 2015 Clean Eating Challenge.
7. Blackberry Yogurt Parfait
314 calories and a whopping 30.1 grams of protein. Gooood morning.
8. Cream of Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup
Each bowl has 180 calories and 16.6 grams of protein.
Original Source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/so-much-protein