It’s about that time! Super Bowl Sunday is coming up and you have a party to go to and the only thing that’s tougher than betting on the right team to win, is thinking of the perfect snack to bring! With all the junk food options that are most likely going to be there already, why not bring something healthy and yummy that won’t weigh you down by half time? Check out this recipe from Phoebe Lapine, a NYC-based food writer, chef, healthy hedonist and author of the forthcoming memoir The Wellness Project(Pam Krauss Books/Penguin Random House, 2017), for a delicious snack that will fuel you the whole game –
(Cheering on the Broncos of course 😉 )!
Mediterranean 7-Layer Sweet Potato Skins
Makes 6-8 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds), halved lengthwise
- Olive oil
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Arrange the potatoes on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet greased with olive oil, cut-side down.
2. Roast the potatoes until fork tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to rest until cool enough to touch, then scoop out the potato flesh, leaving just a thin layer.
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. Cut the skins in halve again lengthwise (you’ll have 4 per potato now), and return to the parchment-lined baking sheet flesh-side down. Press the potatoes as flat as possible. Broil until crispy and firm, about 4 minutes. Flip the potatoes and broil for another 2 minutes.
5. Arrange the potato skins on a platter (flesh-side up) and slather each with a tablespoon of yogurt. Sprinkle the skins with the tomatoes, olives, scallions, and feta.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the tahini, lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, and ¼ cup of water, and whisk until smooth. Season the skins with salt and drizzle with the lemon-tahini sauce. Serve immediately.
Comment below on how your snack turned out and which team you’re rooting for! Go Broncos 😉